Used Oset - Battery keeping charge

nobba

I bought a used Oset at the weekend for my son. Its a 12.5 model. I put it on charge and let him have a bit of a go out the front of our house as its very quiet. After a few minutes the bike would barely pull him up a small hill in the road. I put it on charge when we got in and it was on for about 8 hours but the red LED on the charger never turned green to say it was fully charged. I took it off charge and lifted the back wheel whilst I turned the throttle. I held it for about 30 seconds and you could hear the wheel gradually turning slower. The following day I left it on charge over night and still no green light. Do you recon the battery needs replacing?

When I lifted the back wheel and gave it some throttle whilst the bike was still on charge there was no signs of the wheel slowing down.

I bought a used Oset at the weekend for my son. Its a 12.5 model. I put it on charge and let him have a bit of a go out the front of our house as its very quiet. After a few minutes the bike would barely pull him up a small hill in the road. I put it on charge when we got in and it was on for about 8 hours but the red LED on the charger never turned green to say it was fully charged. I took it off charge and lifted the back wheel whilst I turned the throttle. I held it for about 30 seconds and you could hear the wheel gradually turning slower. The following day I left it on charge over night and still no green light. Do you recon the battery needs replacing?

When I lifted the back wheel and gave it some throttle whilst the bike was still on charge there was no signs of the wheel slowing down.

It sounds like the battery has given up, I have a 2008 12.5 in the garage which is only used very occasionally, the big daughter has a 16" and the younger one can only ride on stabilisers at the moment, so it goes months between charges. I keep it topped up when not in use and it still seems to work well. It will do at least 90 minutes riding on a full charge.

Might be worth checking the rear brake cable isnt rusted on. I bought a second hand 24v and it kept running down really fast and was a pig to ride, everything seemed ok and the brake lever pulled and returned, but on closer inspection the cable was shot rusted into the liner and causing the pads to bind on the disc all the while running down the battery and causing the bike to ride well like you had the brake on!. But be warned if it is this, when my daughter had a go after it was fixed she gave it a big handful as before and it took her by suprise which resulted in her 1st big crash!