New Greeves Team debut at the SSDT

brian h

Its all set to happen at the SSDT for the new Greeves - said to be fielding a three man Team Greeves - wonderfull news, and a real opportunity to prove its worth for the team who have built it and developed it so far.

I remember when the first Greeves I saw in the SW Centre back in the late 1950's brought out hillarious outbursts amongst us riders, however, we changed our tune very quickly when Bert Greeves and Derry Preston Cobb got to work and engaged the top development riders of the day and produced the fine Greeves Trials bikes that won just about everything to be had, not to mention their motocross successes,road racing successes and their road going bikes.

I think it is great for Trials worldwide because at last a British Trials bike is out there to take on the Spanish & Italian two / four strokes with a fine pedigree from the past - there is no reason why the Greeves name cannot be on top once more in World Trials.

No, I have absolutely no association with the new Greeves organisation, however, I clearly remember the rapid development of the original Greeves motorcycles - few will disagree amongst those of us who were competing against them in 1950's - 1960's period that they were superb - cant wait to see the progress of the new Greeves.

Im with you Brian.

Good luck to Greeves.

It's great to see at last a British Bike Manufacture putting some money into the World Of Trials,they deserve everyones respect for taking that chance.

Im sure the Doom Mongers will be in to say hello shortly.

''said to be'' only one bike entered to press according to the entry list. i really hope it happens evry new manufacturer increase choice and competition. if they can have as successful start as ossa they could do well for sales in the uk perhaps a hundred bikes a year? all the best i'll be there to wave the brit flag.. when was the last time a brit bike entered the ssdt?

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...

Any of the new Greeves in the SSDT or is the proposed team entered?

from the ssdt entry list on ssdt site

170 Paul McLoughlin * Irish Leinster MC Greeves 280

171 Sean Doyle * Irish Leinster MC Greeves 280

172 Jonathan Lunney * Northern Irish Banbridge MCC Greeves 280