Technique

Hello, I haven't been on this forum in absolutely ages so I'm sorry if I break any rules by posting this here.

Basically, I am starting the Blue route this year and I am very good at balance so that isn't a problem. I can spin the bike round without putting feet down but can not do it from a stand still and can only spin it about 80 - 90 degrees. So some technique advice on spinning the bike from stand still would help; I know it is practice and I have been, just want to make sure that I am using the right sort of technique to do so.

I think that's it to be honest. Being as doing blues this year there is a lot of tight turns that you will not be able to ride around sort of thing and requires the spinning of a bike from stand still so will be a great help.

I have already done a few blue route trials and have done very well, only thing is, is that I am competing against adults now, so it is more of a challenge. :D

Just a guide of the route hardness in case it is different from your location?

EASY { Yellow Red [ Blue ] White } HARD

Thanks in advance, Danny.

Waht are you on about when you say "spinning", lad? You mean hopping the front or rear wheel to position the bike?

This was recently covered in a good video of Ray Peters at TTC.

Follow the thread about a dozen down the list called "The Hoppy Thing" :thumbup:

Edited by copemech

Waht are you on about when you say "spinning", lad? You mean hopping the front or rear wheel to position the bike?

This was recently covered in a good video of Ray Peters at TTC.

Follow the thread about a dozen down the list called "The Hoppy Thing" :thumbup:

Haha, sorry. I meant hopping the 'back' around.