clutch

bondy

hi can anybody help ive just finished my 199A just put a new clutch plates in barnet ones im trying to set it but kick starts turning over but sliping but just noticed one of the spring cups had pulled throw it had the metel ones in i thought it needed new plates but turned out the was no throw out ball so put one in i know its somthing supid im not doing gonner wait till new cups come and try again but your help might put some light on the matter i had it runing and she pulls ok just needs the carb settin i put the right jets in as it was a new carb from spain but didnt come with the right jets

Oh this was difficult to understand, so long sentenses, just to see if I had understood right:

#01 You finished your 199b Bultaco Sherpa.

#02 You have mounted new cluth plates, they are from Barnet. Who is Barnett? (I'am from the continent just therefor my silly question))

#03 Then you tried to kickstart the engine and id did not work because the cluth was slipping

#04 You notices that one of the spring cups had pulled throw ....

This need explanation at least to me? ... You mean some of the cubs where worn out?

#05 Then You noticed the cluth had the metal one's in it? Do you mean the clutch plates from #02?

#06 It turned out that You have forgotten to install the little ball that is located between the cluth and the clutch rod, but You fond out by yourself that there was something missing. (Oh, this can happen !)

#07 You can not wait get the bike running until you get the new clutch cups.

#08 You got a new carb from spain.

#09 You don't know the carb setting and if it was deliverd with the right jets?

#10 If someone here knows the right setting and jets?

This will be difficult because you did not name the brand, the type and the size of your new carburator

As long as there is no information to the carb the answer might be wrong / very difficult to answer.

Could you please give us the carb specs?

brand:

type:

size:

Thank's.

Edited by PSchrauber

• 2 weeks later...

Chris take your time and don't get excited ,it sounds like your clutch is slipping , you need more adjustment on the nuts .I'm not sure what you mean about the cups ,as one gone inside the clutch ?????

hi mate you was right the nuts needed more ajustment. so ive done that shes kicking over ok now. i started her up took quit a few kicks to get it started. dont think fuel is getting throw so i put some fuel down the head and she fired up no probs so i think its the carb. just somthing else i wanted to ask ive put a new seal behind the front sprocket including o ring but still leaking oil the felt pad is soaked in oil so asked bultaco uk pete said its the seal in the shaft were the push rod gose. one more thing when i put it in gear this dosent hapen all the time it makes a nose as if its not engaging could this mean the clutch needsmore ajusting? as for the cups one was worn well they all was so i got new ones put locking wire throw nuts to at a time is this ok?

Oh this was difficult to understand, so long sentenses, just to see if I had understood right:

#01 You finished your 199b Bultaco Sherpa.

#02 You have mounted new cluth plates, they are from Barnet. Who is Barnett? (I'am from the continent just therefor my silly question))

#03 Then you tried to kickstart the engine and id did not work because the cluth was slipping

#04 You notices that one of the spring cups had pulled throw ....

This need explanation at least to me? ... You mean some of the cubs where worn out?

#05 Then You noticed the cluth had the metal one's in it? Do you mean the clutch plates from #02?

#06 It turned out that You have forgotten to install the little ball that is located between the cluth and the clutch rod, but You fond out by yourself that there was something missing. (Oh, this can happen !)

#07 You can not wait get the bike running until you get the new clutch cups.

#08 You got a new carb from spain.

#09 You don't know the carb setting and if it was deliverd with the right jets?

#10 If someone here knows the right setting and jets?

This will be difficult because you did not name the brand, the type and the size of your new carburator

As long as there is no information to the carb the answer might be wrong / very difficult to answer.

Could you please give us the carb specs?

brand:

type:

size:

Thank's.

hello cheers for replying ive sorted the clutch now i think. shes kicking over ok now affter ajusting the clutch nuts. the carb is a 28mm bing had to put the right jets in didnt come with the right ones. still strugeling to get it started think its a fuel issue. i put fuel down the head fired up first kick. think the air scerw needs seting onces i get her going she onley idels with the chock on when i take chock off she dies unless i keep the reaves on. getting back to the clutch cups you couldnt understand. they was worn so got new ones :crying: