Ty mono ?

guy53

Hummm I just picked up a ty mono 350 1986 that need tlc ( and love ) but I'm not sure I made the right decision to go for that 350, it seem's that a 250 would have been the way to go. Any advise, I'm very confuse.

Guy

If you want to do a swap for a 250 pinky top end I'm interested!!!!!

I'm in Canada ( shipping?? ) I only got the bike last week and I can not give you the exact condition of the cylinder or piston but I am certanly interested, as I haven't got to taking the weels and motor out of the frame to bring it in the basement.It's in the shed now and I have to work in God's garage to do the job ( today' max is 1 celcius ). It may take a couple of weeks to get to it.

If your still interested I'll keep you posted.

Guy

• 3 months later...

Ride before you decide.

The 350 is a great bike.

A torque monster, but definitely not too quick or hyper.

The flywheel effect on that bike is pure John Deere.

BTW...they ALL sound like they have a whipped top end, but it's actually an issue with an oddly-shaped combustion chamber that causes a knock.

If it bothers you, you can have the head milled or just lap it smooth and remove the head gasket and apply some "chrome-in-a-can" spraypaint...the stuff with aluminum particles in it.

There is LOTS of cool stuff you can do to this bike.