Cabestany Special

sherpa325

Given Cabestanys fantastic start to the 2005 Indoor Championship [he has just won a round] What is the chance of sherco producing a Cabestany Special [similar to the Raga special]

Possible specs 300cc , Keihin carb, fully adjustable rear shock, programable ignition, lighter weight, any thoughts

That's a good idea but, if you look at Cabes' bike will find it's the closest to standard of any. No trick forks, not even the slider coating or magnesium triple clamps (Yes Raga's bike not just Montesa now has them), no stainless steel braided brake and clutch lines like everyone else, no special master cylinders or titanium bolts, or anything really special. Yes, all the top riders use the Keihen carb, and sure probably special porting and maybe even larger capacity cylinder (300) like Diego Garrido was trying last year, but his bike is not that different to production, weight especially, since no mag cases or swingarm.

If there was a Cabes special it would probably be like the SSDT special of last year.

That doesnt surprise me Matt

I reckon Cabestany could ride anything brilliantly. I remember watching one Indoor round from 03 (I think) where he was just AMAZING. If he could be like that EVERY time I reckon he'd blitz everyone.

Sorry I cant remember which round it was..but it really was amazing. ;)

Is this Sherco' first indoor win ?

I remember one round as he (Cabestany) sideways jumped, he stalled his bike and as he landed he had already started it, think that was in 2003.

Gaff.

Edited by Gaff

I am not a Sherco rider, so I probably shouldn't be in this forum but I am interested in the four stroke. I was looking at some pics of cabestany on his 03 beta only this morning and noticed that most of the components were pretty much the same spec as my bike. Just thought I'd say so because someone said about his new bike is pretty standard. It makes everyone look rubbish though doesn't it when he is out there 2nd in the world riding pretty much the same bike as us lot whoare not.

Bob

Given Cabestanys fantastic start to the 2005 Indoor Championship [he has just won a round] What is the chance of sherco producing a Cabestany Special [similar to the Raga special] 

Possible specs  300cc , Keihin carb, fully adjustable rear shock, programable ignition, lighter weight, any thoughts

Will it come with "Eat That, Raga" stickers? ;)