Last weekends Poachers Bag results

totalshell

Totalshell

I have read your blog with much interest and admiration. I am currently building up a James Captain K7 framed bike with a villiers 250 engine. I was particularly interested in your slimline clutch case and also your timing chain tensioner wheel. Are these cases readily available and was the tensioner wheel a homemade affair.

Would be able to assist with providing information for me? My email is opdeweegh1@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Paul.

thanks for your kind comments, the case is one i have had for some time however fresh 'castings' do become available fairly regularly, i wouldnt hesitate to recommend Nametab as a source for anything villiers so ask there in the first instance, the primary chain tensioner is simply a piece of plastic drilled off center with a bolt through and exiting on the back of the chain case.it certainly takes up a bit of slack and saves having too worry about how many gaskets to put between the gearbox and engine the only caution i would offer is that you must not make the chain too tight as you will certainly not only stress the cranbkshaft and mainshaft but also rob the engine of a fair deal of power, so nip it up but leave some slack just as you would with a drive chain. the good news is that i think we have sourced a decent supply of delron rod that the thing is made from and i'll have them and one or two other bits and bobs on the site fairly quickly. Alos on the plus side the pooter has been upgraded and POV video will be available of the majority of trials i'll be doing this year starting i think on April 9th. Other supplies and retailers are of course available etc etc

Edited by totalshell