whirring

shercrazy

That sound is often an issue with the crank. Not a great sound, say if the throttle is jammed open and the bike has revved its bits off the crank separates. Some Birkett fettled bikes had the motors split and cranks tac welded to stop this. I hope im wrong..

Also, I just got the bike, and it had the clutch basket removed and that seal replaced, could it have been assembled wrong? I usually do my own wrenching, but it was done before I received the bike so I don't know what was done? And I'm brand new to scorpa.

That sound is often an issue with the crank. Not a great sound, say if the throttle is jammed open and the bike has revved its bits off the crank separates. Some Birkett fettled bikes had the motors split and cranks tac welded to stop this. I hope im wrong..

This happened to my 03. Sent it to back to the importer and he fixed it. I did't have bar ends installed and the throttle was wide open and stuck in the mud. I tried to stop the engine with the kill switch. Just as it was almost stopped I slipped down the hill, it backfired and twisted the crank. Take off the ignition cover and check the run out of the flywheel.