clutch drag

bondy

hello guys ive just got anougher bultaco 199A kicks up first time runs well thing is the clutch is draging once shes warmed up its ok. i took the clutch ajuster screw off. and the clutch plate nunts or ajusted right to the end do you think they need nipping up or would it be the grub scerw that wants ajusting?

hello guys ive just got anougher bultaco 199A kicks up first time runs well thing is the clutch is draging once shes warmed up its ok. i took the clutch ajuster screw off. and the clutch plate nunts or ajusted right to the end do you think they need nipping up or would it be the grub scerw that wants ajusting?

make sure you have free play on the rod and consequently the arm, then back the screws off to reduce spring tension, if you go too far it will slip.

make sure you have free play on the rod and consequently the arm, then back the screws off to reduce spring tension, if you go too far it will slip.

Mine is at 2 threads showing on the Clutch Springs then a couple of mm free play at the operating arm, works a treat. If you dismantle the clutch make sure that all the plates are facing the same direction, if you run your finger on the inside edge you will feel a sharp edge and a rounded edge, fit the assembly either way but make sure the plates are all the same way.

Mine is at 2 threads showing on the Clutch Springs then a couple of mm free play at the operating arm, works a treat. If you dismantle the clutch make sure that all the plates are facing the same direction, if you run your finger on the inside edge you will feel a sharp edge and a rounded edge, fit the assembly either way but make sure the plates are all the same way.

cheers mate ill give that ago