World Round Hawkstone

Guest coflet

Guest coflet

Ive been to hundreds of trials over the last 20 years and i have never had to pay to see it. Eg Belfast x 2 free, Isle of Man free. British trials for the last 3 years. Even in France they are free. Just because i live in Yorkshire it doesnt mean i am tight. :wacko:

Ive been to hundreds of trials over the last 20 years and i have never had to pay to see it. Eg Belfast x 2 free, Isle of Man free. British trials for the last 3 years. Even in France they are free. Just because i live in Yorkshire it doesnt mean i am tight.    :wacko:

I'll leave it to StuartC or Ishy to tell you how much it costs to put on one of these things, but it ain't cheap. Personally, I think the prices are damned good value for a day of watching the world's best. It's cheaper than Sheffield and you're much closer to the action.

Last year I paid half the price of the Hawkstone weekend ticket just to watch rich gits fly their Ferrari's and Lambourghinis round a track for 3 hours. I wouldn't have minded, but none of them even crashed :stoned:

Also, if it helps ensure the future of a British World Round then they get my money.

I belive hawkstone is just leased for the event. And i think they can only have something like 8 competions a year there. It would probly cost a fair bit to put a wtc on. I suppose in bangor you didnt have to pay thou!!! :stoned::wacko:

Edited by gasserboy

I suppose in bangor you didnt have to pay thou!!! :stoned:  :wacko:

Nothing to pay in Bangor, but that was rocks and seafront, not a proper motorsport venue with all the costs associated in hiring such a place.

Also, Northern Ireland are VERY keen to attract people given the past there so there will have been considerable government funding to support the event and bring tourism in. Personally, I had a ball and thought it was a great venue. Two great days of photographing and this hazy bit in between that I can't quite remember :stoned:

DOnt forget coflet..you also get free scrumpy cider included with your ticket...thanks to R2W :stoned: and if he's already run out, you can probably just feast yourself on the alcohol fumes coming from the TC lot. :wacko:

On a slightly different note, d'ya think I'd have any luck starting a TC non-drinking possy(sp?) since I cant drink anymore. Get the feeling I'd be on me own! :stoned:

Guest coflet

All right ill go even tho its gonna cost me as long as i get free beer,cider,lager etc .Im not really a yorkshireman even tho i live in yorkshire real people come from newcastle real geordies like!!everyone will know me when they see the big blue tranny with "COFLET" on it, come on over and buy me a pint (been in yorkshire to long) :wacko:

Ive been to hundreds of trials over the last 20 years and i have never had to pay to see it. Eg Belfast x 2 free, Isle of Man free. British trials for the last 3 years. Even in France they are free. Just because i live in Yorkshire it doesnt mean i am tight.

The rounds that were held in Bangor were HEAVILY subsidised by the Town Council and Tourist Board. Same for the IOM.

There has been no mainland UK round for a while as it costs a bl**dy FORTUNE to put on an event like this and the circuit / landowners want a good deal out of it!

If you have a good venue suitable for a WTC try asking YOUR local council for a subsidy!

Bet I know the answer! The same as you will get from the National Lottery, UK Sports Council, and others.

You will get a question: "What is motorcycle trials"?

Oh that's a minority sport, and we have the tiddly winks championship arranged for that week :wacko::stoned:

Sorry but the other week you wanted is taken up with the GB Knell & Spur championship. :stoned::stoned:

So to end it, go and ask your local club if they would be interested in putting on a WTC round on the UK mainland. Bet I know that answer too.

I doubt ANY UK mainland club could afford to sign up to promote a WTC round.

Any club promoting an event like this with all the red tape and bu** cra* that goes with it could only make a "few" quid with a BIG crowd, great weather, 1000's of folk paying on the gate, paid for programme, car park and a WHOLE LOT OF LUCK etc.

Clubs are run by volunteers, most who have jobs to go to 5/6 days a week.

Where would they get the time to find sponsors, arrange publicity, planning and the REST that nobody thinks of.

There are so many rules and regulations covering an event like this you would not believe unless you have done it or have been/am involved. I am not only talking ACU / FIM, but also health & safety, public health, planning etc.

SO JUST GET THA TICKETS BOUGHT, ENJOY THE WEEKEND.

I will

Edited by StuartC

I suppose in bangor you didnt have to pay thou!!! :stoned:  :wacko:

Nothing to pay in Bangor, but that was rocks and seafront, not a proper motorsport venue with all the costs associated in hiring such a place.

Bangor was my idea of a perfect motorsport venue, places to sleep, drink and watch trials. Its a big shame there isn't a venue on the GB mainland similar...................

Or is there?