Renthal Bars

lingo75

Hi all, i have a 1981 black engine model and am upgrading it a bit, new shocks, footrests, chain and sprockets etc. I want to get rid of the original 'Cow horn' bars. They have a massive rise on them, my question is what sort of rise should i go for on some renthals. I am tall at 6,3...

any advice greatfully accepted and see you at fort william on Friday if you are there!!

Dan

What you could also consider is modifying the top yoke to take bar risers and overcome the 'tiller' steering (where the bars are mounted behind the axis of the sterring stem) at the same time. I had one recently where the original mounts had been milled off and renthal bolt on mounts from a GasGas Pro had been fitted, this modification would also allow you to use bar riser plates.

What you could also consider is modifying the top yoke to take bar risers and overcome the 'tiller' steering (where the bars are mounted behind the axis of the sterring stem) at the same time. I had one recently where the original mounts had been milled off and renthal bolt on mounts from a GasGas Pro had been fitted, this modification would also allow you to use bar riser plates.

cor that sounds interesting! thanks all for the feed back, i must admit i would like to loose the tiller steering