forks

bondy

hi all ive got a problem with my forks on my 199A when the handel bars are stright the front wheel is off to the right. ive had new bars the stantions have been rechromed the yoks looks stright so what could it be?

hi all ive got a problem with my forks on my 199A when the handel bars are stright the front wheel is off to the right. ive had new bars the stantions have been rechromed the yoks looks stright so what could it be?

I had the same problem with a BSA years ago, it turned out the yokes where incorrectly machined

Edited by Monty_Jon

There is a fair bit of "flex" in the fork/yoke assembley. slacken the bottom yoke pinch bolts and mud guard brackets if you have any, bounce the forks up and down a few times to align every thing, if it doesnt look straight put the wheel again a wall and twist the bars until it looks ok , tighten the bottom yoke then the mud guard,

if its still not right some thing may be bent

There is a fair bit of "flex" in the fork/yoke assembley. slacken the bottom yoke pinch bolts and mud guard brackets if you have any, bounce the forks up and down a few times to align every thing, if it doesnt look straight put the wheel again a wall and twist the bars until it looks ok , tighten the bottom yoke then the mud guard,

if its still not right some thing may be bent

hi thanks for your addvice ive sorted it i just undun the pinch bolts and put the wheel between my legs and strightened it job done. simple thing like this stop me from selling my 199A the buyer was put off it was my fault should have sorted it but for got about it never mind live and learn. glad really i didnt want to le her go spent to much money on her. goning out on her sunday for the first time just been up and down the road wheelis no probs. just got bing carb for my other bult