Cone filter vs airbox

cmc84

As above, my airbox was in half a dozen bits, so got binned long ago. Thinking about just sticking a K&N style cone filter on, and extending the mudflap down far enough to keep the crud out/making up some kind of alu. shield. Anyone else done this, or could advise if it'll interfere with jetting?

Thanks again

Chris

Stick to airbox if you can, K & Ns require jetting, more so for top end but pilot may need increasing as well as needle raising. Someone else will know more about availability of airboxes for Bultacos, you can always get one made up in ally ?? Cone filter would be a last resort . :thumbup:

Stick to airbox if you can, K & Ns require jetting, more so for top end but pilot may need increasing as well as needle raising. Someone else will know more about availability of airboxes for Bultacos, you can always get one made up in ally ?? Cone filter would be a last resort . :thumbup:

Aw well, that's like, another

Yeah, I saw that Bo, it's a pet hate of mine. I'm in the west coast of scotland, where we speak the most unintelligible strain of scottish/english, but it's becoming riddled with this daft American/FRIENDS talk. Drives me up the wall!

Anyway, back on topic - might have a go at making one. I've got two bits of steel angle in my vice, and a sheet of ally that wants folded and rivited....

Edited by CMC84

• 1 year later...