Festival of Sidecars,Mallory Park, 29 & 30.10.11

katiemsidecar

I seem to have landed myself with the job of co-ordinating the offroad display area of the Festival of Sidecars!

This year, we would like to have a good display and demos of all types of competition sidecars, and I am working on plans to allow members of the public to be able to try passengering (and possibly driving where drivers are willing to allow this). Currently it looks viable to have this for sidecarcross and enduro outfits on the motocross track, and I am hoping that there is enough land that would be suitable to set up a few trials sections.

It also seems likely that club stands will be encouraged. We are still at the very early planning stages, so there are still lots of unanswered questions.

Enduro and motocross clothing will be available to be borrowed by members of the public for the offroad try-outs. Road race "taxi rides" will take place, probably on Saturday, but participants will need their own leathers, gold-stamped full face helmets, boots and gloves. Some road racers will bring spare leathers.

It is shaping up to be a really good weekend! Lots of interest for anybody who likes sidecars, and lots of action to watch and get involved with!

If you can bring your outfit, or would like to be involved, please email me marianne at trailrides-wales.com Thanks.

Marianne

there is a trials section at mallory, i was there last week at the festival of a 1000 bikes. i might make the effort to come across again for this....

That's good! If you are bringing a trials outfit for display, you will need tickets to get in. Please email me as above. Thanks.

Marianne

Hi Guy's

Hi Katie,

We rode trials outfits in the sixties, my driver was a top flight roadracer.

I am building a replica of our trials outfit at the moment. If I can get it finished in time we will be there, promise. :thumbup:

Regards Charlie.

Hi Charlie

Hope you will succeed, and we see you there. No other trials outfits have offered to come along yet.

Sidecar or solo roadracer? I recently bought a secondhand copy of George O'Dell's "Sidecar Championship" book published in 1977, which even today is an interesting read.

Marianne

(username came from the KTM sidecar I used to own!)

Hi Guy's.

Yea hi Katie.

We will be there if we posibly can.

Intresting people the sidecar crews, I have tales that would turn your hair green. May spill them one day!!!

I am sure Rob and Andy (Bludge) Will get there if they can?? Let me know if you need more, because I have contacts from last year?

Regards Charlie.

Hi Guy's.

Yea hi Katie.

We will be there if we posibly can.

Intresting people the sidecar crews, I have tales that would turn your hair green. May spill them one day!!!

I am sure Rob and Andy (Bludge) Will get there if they can?? Let me know if you need more, because I have contacts from last year?

Regards Charlie.

The more the merrier, especially if anyone is willing to give the public a go on their bike (subject to getting an ACU practice or training permit sorted - must chase that up.)

Marianne