ACU British Solo Championship

bdmc

This weekend - 17/7/11 - only 6 riders on the Championship course, 8 on the Expert course and 39 starters on the Clubman (Exp B ) course. . Is it about time the championship was put back on to a National courses? 1 lap x 40+ sections. No practice lap. No Minders. Only one chance to ride the section.

What do you think?

Would your Club be prepared to run a British Solo Championship within your National?

If so go to your Centre meetings and get a proposal to the Trials & Enduro Committee.

Forget about the Youth class they have their own Championship.

I don't think so. You only need to look at the Other rounds. The indication I have is that The Yeadon Guiseley Round will be full just from the number of riders in the area who have indicated they would like an entry. Don't forget many riders have grown up on multi lap Trials. Personally 1 lap 40 sections is not something I'd go to see. Mainly because you wouldn't see much of it at all.

Edited by Telecat

Trying to be realistic, if clubs are happy to put on events for that many riders on the championship route (it only seems to average around 9ish anywway) is there a problem. The overall number of entrants wasn't too bad, there were 2 non-starters on the championship route as well. The problems will arise when clubs don't think it is worth putting the effort in and stop applying for the rounds.

As regards putting it back on the road, which trials would you use to support it. The traditional nationals are well supported these days, as are the S3 rounds. How will some of them be affected by turning them into BTC rounds. The sections would get harder to cater for a few. They'd be too hard for the majority who would drop down to the B (whatever) route. That route would then be too easy for them so that would have to be stiffened up and most of the clubmen entry would disappear because it would be too hard.

Modern trials is a conundrum at BTC and WTC level. It's a seperate sport. There are few riders good enough to ride at that level. But if organisisng clubs are happy with the format and number of riders is there a problem?

The worst thing that could happen is for the traditional nationals to be hijacked for the BTC putting them out of reach of the clubmen that ride them now.

Have posted elsewhere on BTC but agree totally with Woody. I love the Traditional trials rounds, I can also ride the odd S3 rounds without killing myself - especially if a clubman route is included so what ever happens with the BTC don't mess with the rest - top 15 or 20 riders might disagree but the several hundred others may agree.

This weekend - 17/7/11 - only 6 riders on the Championship course, 8 on the Expert course and 39 starters on the Clubman (Exp B ) course. . Is it about time the championship was put back on to a National courses? 1 lap x 40+ sections. No practice lap. No Minders. Only one chance to ride the section.

What do you think?

Would your Club be prepared to run a British Solo Championship within your National?

If so go to your Centre meetings and get a proposal to the Trials & Enduro Committee.

Forget about the Youth class they have their own Championship.

Surely the ratios of most trials are like this anyway so why is the btc so different.

To say the youth have their own championship is bigotted small minded and totally misses the point of their inclusion in these events.

As the others have said why spoil perfectly good nationals for 6 riders?