Trials scene in Canada (Ontario)

NAD1

Hi,

Am looking at emmigrating to Canada in the next few years and was wondering what the trials secne is like in/around Ontario?

Any friendly Canadias able to assist?

If there are any ex UK residents now living in Canada and riding trials would love to hear from you and ask for advise re: immigration process.

Thanks

Thats Me!

Moved to Canada 13 years ago and never looked back. Recently got back into trials after a more than 20 year layoff. Mind still says "go for it".....body says "are you crazy".....but still loving it.

There is an active Ontario trials scene, details at www.trialsontario.ca - I think Borus (in this forum) can provide you with additional details, I think he also has a practice ground in the GTA (greater Toronto area) which is very close to where I live, although I have not been there yet (but hope to soon!)

Immigration process was a 3 year odyssey for me, although it was the absolute best move I ever made, and more than worth the red tape that you invariably have to go through.

Good luck!

Hi - check out the website, lot's of info there and lot's of trials in and around ontario. most important is what area of ontario you move to as it's a big place. - I'm near Kitchener / Cambridge and have a riding area. - cheers

quote name='Canada315' timestamp='1311004941' post='275756']

Thats Me!

Moved to Canada 13 years ago and never looked back. Recently got back into trials after a more than 20 year layoff. Mind still says "go for it".....body says "are you crazy".....but still loving it.

There is an active Ontario trials scene, details at www.trialsontario.ca - I think Borus (in this forum) can provide you with additional details, I think he also has a practice ground in the GTA (greater Toronto area) which is very close to where I live, although I have not been there yet (but hope to soon!)

Immigration process was a 3 year odyssey for me, although it was the absolute best move I ever made, and more than worth the red tape that you invariably have to go through.

Good luck!

Wow! That's EVERYTHING I wanted to hear

1: there is a good scene in / around Ontario - is this the same for mountain bikes?? :hyper:

2: there is practice venues and websites

3: despite the seemingly (probably) endless amount of paperwork and red tape it was all worthwhile.

Also sounds like my plan for 5 years is about right then..... Thats seems the only downside (thus far!) :angry:

Borus - in answer to your question, not entirely sure. My company (Hewlett Packard) has it's Canadian HQ in Mississauga, Ontario - where this is, I have no idea :unsure:

Am guessing, and this shows how early we are in the process, that Ontario is vast!

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, appreciate it

Nick

You may want to check out Michigan Ontario Trials Association aka MOTA We have a great series of 14 events, I know some of them require quite a bit of travel for our Canadian friends.

motatrials.com

The Windsor Motorcycle Club of MOTA is trying out a new property this year in Wardsville, Ontario August 28th. Which should be closer for Ontario riders to get to than the other property near the bridge and we may get higher participation at the WMCC event this time around. These guys and gals really do put alot of work and effort into their events and I can't wait to see what they do at the new property. WMCC event Aug. 28th

This information does not immediately help nickday1 but may give him something to look forward to, and maybe Borus and Canada315 could stop by and bring some friends Aug. 28th.

Posted Yesterday, 06:42 PM

yep, Mike had sent me a notification end of June and it's on trialsontario, It's on my calendar to be there. It's a quiet spot in our Ontario schedule also.

Good glad to hear it! :thumbup: