wheel respock

bondy

hi all im thinking off having my rear wheell respock its got a buckel rim looks ok. and the chrom in the hub looks ok is it worth just having it relined as im having spocks done? allso would it be addviced to have new rim more money i know but will the rim be ok with the new stinles steel spocks?

Buckles can usually be cured when respoking but it is pretty hard to say for sure without seeing the buckle you are talking about

No need to reline the brake drum if the chrome is good. If you learn how to assemble a wheel and use anti-sieze on the spoke threads you can pull it apart and reassemble it yourself to get the drum relined if you ever need to.

I don't understand the question about the compatibility of stainless steel spokes and a new rim. There is no problem with material compatibility/dissimilar metal corrosion. The rim holes would need to be the right diameter, the right number of them, and the holes aligned correctly for the Bultaco hub. A standard pre-drilled off-the shelf rim may have the wrong hole angles for your wheel. Wheel builders can drill a rim to suit your wheel.

Buckles can usually be cured when respoking but it is pretty hard to say for sure without seeing the buckle you are talking about

No need to reline the brake drum if the chrome is good. If you learn how to assemble a wheel and use anti-sieze on the spoke threads you can pull it apart and reassemble it yourself to get the drum relined if you ever need to.

I don't understand the question about the compatibility of stainless steel spokes and a new rim. There is no problem with material compatibility/dissimilar metal corrosion. The rim holes would need to be the right diameter, the right number of them, and the holes aligned correctly for the Bultaco hub. A standard pre-drilled off-the shelf rim may have the wrong hole angles for your wheel. Wheel builders can drill a rim to suit your wheel.

thnks for the infor think ill just go with having it respockt :thumbup:

The spokes don't have any direct contact with the rims. Between rim and spoke you have the nipples. These should original are made out of alloy. If you only order new spokes, be sure the threads between the spokes and the old nipples fit.

Very important: get spokes with rolled threads not cutted onces. If the thread are cutted or milled the spoke will loose much of the strength.