Mini Majesty exhaust

ausy300pro

I know it has been more or less covered before but ............ can anybody tell me which system is the best to put on my majesty (185 going to 200 soon) rebuild, at the moment it has a one piece wes but it is very loud (so think the packing that cannot be replaced is carboned up and lost it's absorbing properties), I am under the impression that the two piece wes is the better option, works better and re packable ? is it necessary to buy one of the new front pipes to go with new silencer(s) also anyone any idea which will fit straight onto my mini majesty, last thing as I see it there are three main outlets for these exhaust systems, anyone know if they are all the same system which I suspect they are and all made by wes.

Thanks for any info (preferably from experience)

I know it has been more or less covered before but ............ can anybody tell me which system is the best to put on my majesty (185 going to 200 soon) rebuild, at the moment it has a one piece wes but it is very loud (so think the packing that cannot be replaced is carboned up and lost it's absorbing properties), I am under the impression that the two piece wes is the better option, works better and re packable ? is it necessary to buy one of the new front pipes to go with new silencer(s) also anyone any idea which will fit straight onto my mini majesty, last thing as I see it there are three main outlets for these exhaust systems, anyone know if they are all the same system which I suspect they are and all made by wes.

Thanks for any info (preferably from experience)

I agree with the theory on the main silencer but my TY, acquired this year, has the two piece and I have repacked the tail silencer - it's still way too loud. But then Yams were always that bit sharper in sound than, say, an RL.

I suppose the main silencer could be cut, packed and rewelded.

Edited by 2/4

I agree with the theory on the main silencer but my TY, acquired this year, has the two piece and I have repacked the tail silencer - it's still way too loud. But then Yams were always that bit sharper in sound than, say, an RL.

I suppose the main silencer could be cut, packed and rewelded.

Dont get this "too loud" does it work i.e. perform or not? just a question cos i've had two TY's with WES exhausts fitted and they werent "too loud" well not to me anyway. Subjective i know unless you are saying that you've failed an ACU noise test. Just that i've heard, no bad pun intended, this same comment a lot lately. Never used to hear the "too loud" comment back in the good old days. We were more concerned then in does it improve performance or not? Any idea how big an exhaust would need to be to make a bike quiet? Well put it this way you would never ride it competitively. Just musing.

I get your point but can assure you its way too loud, heard across several valleys before putting extra rear silencer on it (I am not averse to a loud two stroke, used to race a TZ350E that wailed beautifully, fantastic sound !) also though I have noticed it lacks bottom end which could be a sign that the silencing material is clogged and therefore no room for exhuast gas to expand into volume of first silencer box.