New Kangoo or new shape Berlingo/partner

pedronicman

I am soon in need of a new van , currently have a 04 kangoo , which have had from new and has

been very very good.

Am thinking of getting a new version kangoo (will buy a new van which ever make i get)

but can anyone tell me if the new shape berlingo/partner is bigger than the new kangoo

as regards getting a trials bike in straight rather than diagonal and is it easier

to get 2 bikes in the berlingo than the kangoo?

Don't think the peugeot/citreon reliability will be a problem on a new van

but do the have any issues i should know about?

Dont want a bigger van , had a scudo a few years ago and as i drive around

all week with the van being empty it seems pointless driving a bigger

van around and wasting deisel.

Cheers

Edited by pedronicman

Given that the new models of each are bigger than the old, into which two bikes fit easily enough, it comes down to other factors. What's the problem with a bike fitting in diagonally?

As you don't seem to use a van for other purposes ("empty") then better to go for the car version (I gather insurance might be cheaper)as you get a very handy tailgate to shelter under! There's actually more room for bikes in the car version anyway.

My comments come from years of using a Berlingo Multispace for carting trials bikes and small road bikes about. I can even get two mountain bikes and a tandem in at the same time with no dismantling, oh alright then 10 seconds to remove the front wheel of the tandem.

If you discount the Fiat factor then the Doblo seems to be just the job.

• 2 weeks later...