Sy175 Adjusting Rear Shock

mik60ish

A tool is the proper way, but is not necessary. A large diameter punch, with a flat end, is all you need. Place it against the lower ring, and tap it loose with a hammer. Use the same to spin the rings around to the desired position, and then snug the bottom ring up tight against the second ring, to lock it down.

DG Yeah went out this afternoon got soaked right right through practicing, go out with my son whom we both bought the 175's at the same time and my grandson 6 years old QR50, grandaugther 10 with a Z50 (BLISS) Just getting going then the rain came down have done the main jet 17.5 I knocked out 2 baffles my son knocked them all out, mine is still a bit fluffy. So will have to knock the other 2 out, my son has gone for smaller sprocket on the front he likes it as he can use 1st & 2nd I will leave mine as I do most sections in 1st anyway. But the best mod so far is a slow action throttle much more control as the clutch is a bit fierce as was sent with cable clutch with the maguire hydraulic to follow when the have got it right.

I am glad you mentioned the slow throttle, as I have been considering doing the same. I have alway run slow throttles on my bikes, but did not immediatly consider it as a need on the 175. But, the way the power comes off idle (slow rpm) is pretty snappy. Combine that with the clutch, and it does make things a bit jerky.

Mine has the hydraulic clutch, but is not as smooth as I would like. Magura has a new batch available that has undergone a bit of redesign to make them work better on the SY175F. I have one on the way, and am anxious to give it a try when it arrives. If I can get the clutch action sorted out, then I think it will be a great bike. I love all of it's other characteristics.

the slow action throttle has transformed the bike, such a simple mod Domino just a straight swap! So you haven't tried the clutch plates from BJ Racing as he's in your kneck of the woods. So you don't mind spending out on another Magura hydraulic clutch when are they due, perhaps thats the ones we are supposed to be getting?