Swing Arm Bushes

bondy

hello all as anybody had the rolling needel bush kit off billet parts the batch theve just made? i put some in over a year ago and they was great. for some reason im having problems with the one ive just got ive put one side in spacer needel bearing outer brass bush all was going ok till i tryed to put the iner bush in it wont go in i havant damaged anything and the spacer. and bearing whent on the iner bush before i put them in the swing arm so now im left with a swing arm i cant use. so im going to have to use the ones of me other bike i do have a spare set but they need restoring any ideas? :guinness::guinness:

If you're having bother why not give Wayne a call? He was very helpful when I made an a*** of removing a flywheel.

i may do im just gonner try the inner bush out me other bike first its weirod because the bearing whent other the inner bush before i put it in. and i didnt do any damage the bearing moves freely in the swing arm the onely other thing i can think off is if the swing arm is slightly bent may be this is why its not going in i think ive just hit the nail on the head there somthing as come to mind when got the swing arms they had the old bushes in. and on the side ive put the new ones in i had problems geting the old one out when i did get it out it was jammed on the spindel the other side was free .and came off easy so i recon its the arm whats bent may be wrong but i really cant think of anything else my other ones i did just slid in nice .and easy whats doing my head in more is ive wasted money so im gonner have to have to take my other ones off .and have them powder coated

Bondy,

I have fitted three sets of these Billetparts/FDOS Design swingarm kits and they have worked perfectly every time.

You do however need to follow the instructions carefully and precisely. Even if the swinging arm is bent it should still work, unless its at the bearing end whereas you would have difficulty getting the swing arm pin inserted as it would be off centre.

Accept the advice given, contact Wayne, he designed this system. It's only fair to let him explain what to do to correct the problem, rather than blast him on here!

Regards,

Big John

Bondy,

I have fitted three sets of these Billetparts/FDOS Design swingarm kits and they have worked perfectly every time.

You do however need to follow the instructions carefully and precisely. Even if the swinging arm is bent it should still work, unless its at the bearing end whereas you would have difficulty getting the swing arm pin inserted as it would be off centre.

Accept the advice given, contact Wayne, he designed this system. It's only fair to let him explain what to do to correct the problem, rather than blast him on here!

Regards,

Big John

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

Bondy,

Regards,hi john im not saying theres anything wrong with his kit ive used it on my other bult and it works really well it must be the end were the pin gose in whats bent because like you said you have had no problems i have a spare swing arm but they need cleaning .and reverb but i might do it myself to save money i think they have the old bushes in them so ill swop them other

Big John