Butaco Sherpa Front Wheel Sitting Off Centre

gasgasshetland

Can anyone advise me regards the front wheel/axle set up on sherpa 199A model. I have bought the bike as a restoration project, but the front wheel is sitting off centre in the forks over to the left side. The speedo drive is mounted on the rear wheel.There is at present a spacer which sits into the right side bearing seal but not on the left side. Does it need one the same as the otherside if the speedo is not being used on the front. I have bought manuals but they are not clear on the matter at all.

Please if anyone can help I would be greatful.

As Naichuff posted the brake plate on the right side sits straight to the right lower fork leg. Any tolerances will be balanced out by the bush on the left side. Be sure that the bush on the left side of the bike runs free and is not fastend by the bolts on the left lower fork tube.

DSC08557.JPG

I had an little issue with the bush while mounting the front wheel due to a little metal chip that worked like a choke and so jammed necessary movement.