Magical Fork Springs

bondy

hi all ive just ordered some magical fork springs theres magical oil allso on order its 7.3w will this oil be ok?

Works fine, it depends on your weight too, for my weight, (around 70 - 72kg), with full gear I'am very pleased with this oil.

With more weight you might need a stiffer damped fork and an oil with is less thin like SAE 10. As "thinner" the oil as smoother the damping effect of the fork will be, as "thicker" as stiffer.

The standard oils begin with SAE 5 and goes up to SAE 15, so 7,3 is just in the middle. A good compromise.

Works fine, it depends on your weight too, for my weight, (around 70 - 72kg), with full gear I'am very pleased with this oil.

With more weight you might need a stiffer damped fork and an oil with is less thin like SAE 10. As "thinner" the oil as smoother the damping effect of the fork will be, as "thicker" as stiffer.

The standard oils begin with SAE 5 and goes up to SAE 15, so 7,3 is just in the middle. A good compromise.

hello thanks for your reply im on the heavy side so would you say i need a higher grade?

As you have ordered the oil already I would give it a try. The best way to find out the right damping for the forks is by practise, as it depends a lot of your personal riding style too. If you will find out that the damping is too soft you then might go up.

Standard fork oil has SAE 10 for the Betor legs, a little bit "thicker" and therefore will lead to a slightly stiffer damping. I personal like the softer fork more as for me this set up helps me more while lifting up the front wheel. The "lighter" oil will also make the fork more sensetive which keeps the bike more steady too in my personal experience.

As you have ordered the oil already I would give it a try. The best way to find out the right damping for the forks is by practise, as it depends a lot of your personal riding style too. If you will find out that the damping is too soft you then might go up.

Standard fork oil has SAE 10 for the Betor legs, a little bit "thicker" and therefore will lead to a slightly stiffer damping. I personal like the softer fork more as for me this set up helps me more while lifting up the front wheel. The "lighter" oil will also make the fork more sensetive which keeps the bike more steady too in my personal experience.

thanks ill try it how mutch in each leg?