Tlr Frames

woody

Anyone know whether the frames of the TLR200 and the TLR250 are the same. If not what the differences are - not in minute detail, just roughly.

They look the same from pictures but obviously they don't reveal everything and I don't know if the 250 is physically bigger than the 200 frame.

I'm guessing that the engines would swap straight over regardless though, as the crankshaft based engine mounts to the frame are the same on nearly all XR, XL, XLR, TL Hondas.

Any help appreciated if you know but no wild speculation please.....

Thanks for that, if it is just mounting brackets for parts, ancilaries etc. that are different that's ok. Any idea if they are the same size though or is the 200 smaller overall?

Didin't realise the wheels/brakes were different in 200 and 250, thought they were the same. Explains why the 200 wheel I fitted in my Ossa some time ago was no better than the Ossa brake. Couldn't understand at the time why Barry Roads and Clint Legget were able to demonstrate stoppies to me on there 250s whilst mine had no bite at all. That would explain it then as the 200 wheel I had fitted certainly had no bite.

How did you manage to get hold of a 250 motor you lucky sod...

Yes I know, he's a naughty boy fitting that modern tackle. Had a go on it up at Bootle and it rides pretty well....

It still had the Honda front end fitted when they were winding me up though

250 has brilliant brakes if you takes the time to clean them out regularly.

I clean out my brakes regularly but even then the brakes are best described as adequate at best when dry (dire at times when wet) - they get described as non existant by the guys who try the bike and ride modern bikes.

As for managing a stoppie on a TLR I would like to know what they use as brake shoes!