Butaco Sherpa 199a Wiring Help Needed

gasgasshetland

Hi there, can anyone help with what wires go where on bultaco sherpa 350 T 199A. The bike has points and there are 4 wires coming from the ignition casing. red.green.yellow and a black which connects to the coil.

I am not planning to have lighting on the bike so i just need some advice as to what I need to connect the wires too. I have a wiring diagram which is unclear. If anyone has any photos they could post up to show how they are connected, that would be great.

I got the bike as an unfinished non running project, so dont know if it had any problems with its ignition system.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

My 175 bultaco sherpa also has 4 wires 1feeds the HT coil the others are for the lights horn ect My HT generator coil has another coil wound over the top so is like 2 coils in one the other lighting coil is the normal type All other bultacos I have had did not have the this type The wiring goes into a biscuit block under the tank so isolating the unused wires if no lights are fitted any problems I will have to remove tank as to the colours

Hi there, thanks naichuff and sherpa325 for your post back on my wiring problem (lack of knowledge on my part) I gave the frame mount a good clean to get a good earth and got a good spark and have had the bike running tonight. so I can now strip it down and get it off to Shetland powder coatings to get frame and swing arm done. Trying to have the bike finished for the Shetland Classic Motor Show in june.

Gary

Edited by gasgasshetland