199 Or 199a Newbie ?

bultokid

Hello to all - Looking to get a Sherpa to do some AHRMA trials. Any real differences between them besides cradle, swingarm ? Always wanted the blue 199a but seems there are couple nice 199's floating around and I'm a spode newbie on a trials bike. Thanks to all for your help

Hello to all - Looking to get a Sherpa to do some AHRMA trials. Any real differences between them besides cradle, swingarm ? Always wanted the blue 199a but seems there are couple nice 199's floating around and I'm a spode newbie on a trials bike. Thanks to all for your help

the frame & swingarm are the main difference, I read on another post that the internal gearing is different, I thought the frame geometry was differnt on the a & b but I am not sure of that. 199a & b seem harder to come by these days, where are you in Texas? I am abought 1/2 way between Austin & Houston

cool I rode that event also, Rio is a good place to ride, the Houston trials bunch are good folks, post up some pics of the 199, I am also building a Bultaco now, may be a while before it's ready due to limited funds, hope to have it ready by next year's state series