Bultaco Sherpa T 199A Rear Axle Spacer Order

gasgasshetland

Can anyone help me with what order the spacers/washers on the rear axle go on my Sherpa 199A . The bike has a speedo drive on the right side rear otherwise not sure what should be at each side. I have a manual but it is really unclear as to what goes where.

Any help would be great or photos very welcome

Cheers

OK here goes..

From the sprocket side, the flat spindle end should have a thick washer at the head, this is pushed through the drive side of the swinging arm with one snail cam after the washer push through the fork end and through the brake plate, through the hub which has two bearings fitted with an internal hollow spacer.

As the spindle exits the hub you can fit an alloy spacer available from Bultaco UK to do away with the speedo drive, otherwise its the speedo drive which butts on to the offside inner race of the wheel bearing, possibly a distancing washer about 2-3mm thick against the swinging arm wheel mount offside, then the snail cam and then a thick washer on the outside of the fork end and the spindle nut.

Hope this helps.

Big John

Edited by Big John

I am not sure if my 175 Sherpa is the same there is a large diameter washer between the brake plate and swinging arm It is not that thick (2or 3mm). The speedo drive on the right side will depend on the type you are using ie (after market type)

OK here goes..

From the sprocket side, the flat spindle end should have a thick washer at the head, this is pushed through the drive side of the swinging arm with one snail cam after the washer push through the fork end and through the brake plate, through the hub which has two bearings fitted with an internal hollow spacer.

As the spindle exits the hub you can fit an alloy spacer available from Bultaco UK to do away with the speedo drive, otherwise its the speedo drive which butts on to the offside inner race of the wheel bearing, possibly a distancing washer about 2-3mm thick against the swinging arm wheel mount offside, then the snail cam and then a thick washer on the outside of the fork end and the spindle nut.

Hope this helps.

Big John

I am not sure if my 175 Sherpa is the same there is a large diameter washer between the brake plate and swinging arm It is not that thick (2or 3mm). The speedo drive on the right side will depend on the type you are using ie (after market type)

Thanks for your help on this . am off to the garage to check it out and hope fully have it sorted today.

Cheers

Gary