Crank Shaft

bondy

hi all ive just split my engin today split it ok took all the gear box out ok. but the crank shaft is sill in the right side crank ive heated it up tryed to tap it out with a rubber hammer but its not budgin anybody know how i can get it out? also theres a bush on the shaft on on the clutch side dose this need to come off?

Edited by bondy

Mmmh first should you take off the right engine case side and then take out the crank from the left engine case?

Anyway, are the plates that hold the main seals off, (6 screws that are holding the main seal and the O-ring)?

If so (no rubber parts remaing, heat the case up again up to 150 - 180°C and now the same procedure as befor,

some slight punches with a wooden or rubber hammer on the crank axis and the crank should come off.

EDIT:

The bush should come off before, you can use a straight puller.

Edited by PSchrauber

hi yes i know the right side should come off first but it didnt. am left with the crank in the right side. the bush is still on And i think this is whats stoping the crank from coming out so ill have to buy i puller cheers