Sherco Bultaco 125 1999 Weak Spark

josh99

hi, my sherco 125 1999 has a very weak spark changed the plug still weak ,i can start it just about. Also when it has warmed up it misses and i open the throttle right up it clears it but then does it again. PLEASE HELP ALL SUGGESTIONS GREATFULLY RECEIVED

I had similar problem on my Beta Check stator winding readings HT coil readings mine open circuited on the HT side.Plug cap. Wiring connections are clean Disconnect kill switch Mine would start and idle but would not rev under load or missfire up the rev range The spark was also poor.

Check the ignition source coil behind thre flywheel. Its the large coil with the finer wire windings.

You need a digital AC voltmeter - it should give over 20 volts AC when you kick it over with plug out - don't forget to earth plug lead. Check the resistance of this coil - I don't have figure for sherco but typically its 200 to 300 ohms. Any less suspect internal short, any more suspect poor connection or coil windings stating to fail.

I doubt if its CDI

Can you find someone else whose bike uses same HT coil - try your HT coil on that.

Cheers