Beamish Rl250 Clutch Sticking

suzuki250

The clutch on my beamish sticks when started from cold, I had another beamish years ago and that did the same (both silver engine Beamish’s) they work fine once warmed up

I’ve tried all types of oil without success, is this the norm?

If you have cleaned the clutch plates thoroughly and tried everything from 10/40 to 20/50 oil then you will just have to live with it. A lot of them do it but not all. Fantics and TY250 monos are prone to the same problems I believe. How much oil are you putting in it by the way? The casting on the casing and the manual differ in what they say the quantity should be. Use the level screw to get the right amount of oil. You could even try running 100cc less and see how that works. Gas Gas UK recommend running the Pro engine will less than the manual states and it does make a difference to the clutch operation. Don't go lower than 100cc less than the amount of oil you drain out once you have it corredtly measured on the level screw.

I rebuilt a Beta 80 a few months ago for my son, the online manual was not clear about oil volume and I put 450cc in it, the clutch was dragging, wouldn't disengage sometimes particularly from cold. I found out it should have 300cc and now it works perfectly.