R.i.p. Bob Miller

kramit

I was just informed of the recent passing of Bob Miller through our So. Cal Trials Forum.

Some of you may remember Bob as the US Fantic Importer and owner of

Section One Trials Products.

Bob has been missing from the our sport for the last 7 or 8 years due to health problems. I believe he was 75 when he passed.

Bob was probably best known for his custom made accessories for Bultacos in the 80's and as the US Fantic Importer through the 90's.

He was usually the "go to guy" if you needed advice or a spare part at events here in CA. It wasn't uncommon to see Bob helping riders with mechanical problems

regardless of the brand of bike they rode. And he usually had a few newbies

in tow prior to an event giving them advice and riding tips.......an all around great guy with an unending passion for the sport.

Bob was known to have helped at least 3 of our National Champs on their

road to fame.....but usually behind the scenes.

One of my fondest memories of Bob was at the 1983 Texas World Round.

I arrived a couple of days in advance to take in all the pre-event activities.

I looked Bob up soon after arrival and found him helping a couple of older riders from Guatemala who I might add were long past their prime with bikes

that matched......but determined to enter and finish. To the best of my memory, one on an older Montesa and the other on an even older Bultaco. Neither bike looked or ran in any way that would make you want to bet on either rider finishing. Bob spent well over a day helping both riders prep and tune their machines....and the only payment he would accept from them was one of their Club T Shirts which he displayed on his shop wall for many years after.

Bob was one of the many people who made Trials so enjoyable over the years

and he will be dearly missed......

Very sad news!! I will always have fond memories of Bob. I had lots of interaction with Bob in the late 80s when I was working at TMI in Tennessee, and Bob was then a Fantic dealer in Ca. Like Kramit said, he had a heart of gold, and was one of those special people who gravitated to others who needed help, most of the time, for no financial gain. RIP Bob! Thoughts go to his family! Has anyone seen his son Bim in years???

Steve

Very sad news!! I will always have fond memories of Bob. I had lots of interaction with Bob in the late 80s when I was working at TMI in Tennessee, and Bob was then a Fantic dealer in Ca. Like Kramit said, he had a heart of gold, and was one of those special people who gravitated to others who needed help, most of the time, for no financial gain. RIP Bob! Thoughts go to his family! Has anyone seen his son Bim in years???

Steve

Sad to hear that. Bob was a well-known racer and tuner in the 60's and 70's in the San Luis Obisbo area (Central California coast). I used to love to go down to his shop and bench race with him. He was always there to help out any rider that needed it. A larger than life personality and he added so much to the Trials sport.

Jon