Front Fork Seal

7495tj

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me i am in the process of refurbishing a 1979 Bultaco Sherpa.

I am in the process of removing the front fork seals does anyone know an easy way to remove these easily without damaging the fork?

Anyones' help would be most appreciated

Tony

hi mate some times there easy to get out some times they can be stubon. on the older bults they had a sir clip wich you have to get out first. anyway all i do is just get a big flat ended scerwdriver. and pry it out shouldnt take much force should be 2 seals in each leg. if there not budgin try and spray some wd40 round the endges to help get them out. when puting new seals in make sure the reecess or clean put the new seals in the freezer for half hour put grease in the lips. if you have saved one of the old seals use it to tap new seals in. oh make sure the lip end faces down when your puting them back in. hope this helps. ps forgot to say i some times use a socket the same size as the seals

Edited by bondy

You can damage the outer edge of the aluminium tube with a screwdriver.

To avoid this you can use a seal puller, (very professional), or the hook of a spring puller, (what I do / did),

works too (but will destroy the rubber of the old bearing).

good addvice there patrick. i was lucky when i did mine i hardley put any pressure on the screwdriver,and they poped out i think they was cheep seals what was in there. read my thread above on how to put new seals in.