Ohlins Tight Fit?

sherco34

Hi

i too fitted an Ohlins shock to my 07 125 last weekend.

During installation i noticed that the shock body and fittings were close to the frame and the airbox, but fitted in certain orientations. I ended up fitting the shock with the rebound adjuster at the top (albeit now not reachable when on the bike) and the lower body of the shock oriented so that the oil/gas fill screw faced towards the front of the bike.

There were only millimeters to spare between the airbox and the shock body, the same between the shock body and the vertical frame tube that sits in front.

I thought it was just me!!

Still it does fit, if a little close.

Dom

The same with the TRP shock I fitted to my Sherco 07' 125/200 , scary close to every thing, but not touching. I also had to grind away the top lug on the frame for clearance of the top shock eye, so that the click adjuster was at the bottom and accessible without dismantling anything.

Cheers Taff

Hi Baldilocks, no comparison, I think they are worlds apart. I first noticed that when I did my usual approach to rock steps that the rear felt like it was pushing me up, like somebody was there pushing the bike off the ground. Made worlds of difference to my riding, and in 35deg heat I feel a lot stronger at the end of two hours riding. I was going to post a photo of the original and the TRP, but I can't see/find how its done.

Cheers Taff

Hi, I'm not too familiar with the 08 model, Going back to the days of my scorpa sy, the adjuster was at the top and they had a hole in the mudguard that you could insert a screwdriver to adjust the damping. Not sure if it can be done on the sherco just thought it might give you an idea to see if you can modify yours.