02 Sherco

colly

got an 02 sherco i want to put either 04 or 05 graphics on i know for the 05 i will need a new front mud guard but what should i do for the tank spray it or use some silver film? as for the back mud guard i am just going to leave it blue as i think itll look good? ;) so if i have to paint it can i just paint the bit near the filler cap, also are the 05 and 04 frame stickers the same? :rolleyes:

Guest coflet

the only changes for the front mudguard is the colour 04 blue 05 grey, the tank isnt painted it has a large sticker on it. The graphics are different but all years/stickers are interchangeable :rolleyes:

The tank on the 02 bikes is blue and will need to be changed to silver I am in the process of re-spraying my tank look at my post here do you want it to look like a 04/05 or do you just want it to be different?

If you want it to look like a genuine one you will need the black flywheel cover, silver front disk guard, black cylinder head. :rolleyes:

i dont know any good coulours i could spray my tank? i dont think i will bother with the paited head, alough it wouldn't be hard to do, and how much is the flywheel gaurds? is there a special heat proof paint needed to paint the head? thanks

Edited by colly

I am spraing my tank back up to the 2004 silver colour.

For the head I would just use hamerite bbq paint or halfords do a high temp engine paint, I used it on my gas gas because all of the engine was painted red. Look for more of a dark grey than a black though.

I would think a flywheel cover would be expensive as most sherco parts have stupid prices! :rolleyes: Supose you could just paint it with the paint that you use on the head.

Or if you keep looking on ebay I have seen a few 2004 flywheel covers sell on there for around

Edited by Heathy

would think a flywheel cover would be expensive as most sherco parts have stupid prices!  Supose you could just paint it with the paint that you use on the head.

would the paint stay on it or would it flake off?

If rubbed it down then used plastic filler primer, from halfords (the yellow stuff) I would think it would stick well, mite eventually start to wear away were your foot rubs on it but you could just touch it up.

I got the mudguard from white brothers, yea it was brand new and it looks a lot better than the 04 one did. :rolleyes: I'm not sure if you could fit a 290 cylinder but all the bikes from 125 to 290 seem to have the same specs except from the size of the top end. Just ask in your local bike shop shop I'm sure they can tell you