Ty250/350 Difference

yammafan

I was just wondering if the only difference between the Ty250 and 350 is simply the engine size/bore? I can only get hold of a workshop manual for a 350, and wondered how relevant it was to my 250.

Looks pretty much the same, but my friend said that once about a girl he met in Thailand... :)

If my memory serves me correctly, the 250 has a cast iron liner and no flywheel weight, whereas the 350 has a nickasil barrel with a thiner liner that cant be bored and a metal band shrunk on the flywheel- so the bottom end is the same and the top ends can be interchanged.

• 8 months later...

If my memory serves me correctly, the 250 has a cast iron liner and no flywheel weight, whereas the 350 has a nickasil barrel with a thiner liner that cant be bored and a metal band shrunk on the flywheel- so the bottom end is the same and the top ends can be interchanged.

My understanding also, except the 350 bore is chrome, not Nikasil. And Chuck's correct, 350 pistons are like hen's teeth to find here in the U.S. I think Bob Ginder at B&J has some special made now and then, but the OEM pistons/rings are very rare.

Jon