Advice Wanted. Starting Out In Trials

wrmec

hello all. I have had my trials bike about 3 years now but have so far only been riding at my parents farm and recently i have been thinking about starting to do a few trials. i was just after some advide about the best way to go about it. from reading posts on here it appears i need to get a licence for the year and also do i need to join a club and if i do join a club can i only do trials organised by that club? I am in the south cumbria area also quite close to the yorkshire dales and north lancashire area. any advice would be much appreciated, i know there are some very helpfull people on here as i have been using the gas gas forum for quite some time. thanks.

You only need a license if it's a acu club, amca clubs don't require licenses, I ride in twinshock trials under amca, join club, turn up, pay and enter and away you go, but I will be joining north lancs club this year (acu club) so will be getting license etc, once you have acu license you're covered to ride in any acu club trial but most clubs have open or closed trials. Open is any acu member and closed is club members only, hope that helps.... It's worth joining as many clubs as you can, subs are usually only a fiver