Thinking About Upgrading

awilliams64

I currently have an 04 290 and i am thinking about getting a newer bike. I would like to get a 2012 or 2013. Is there a lot of difference between the 12 and 13 models that make a big difference? i do not ride at a lower level, so i wont be doing any big splatters. Just trying to figure out if its worth waiting a while longer and getting a good used 13 over a good used 12..

A lot depends upon just how much you like yellow!

A "12 model with formuls brakes may require the updates for the master syls, but otherwise the bikes are not a lot different.

Buy upon condition! The bikes are nice and suspension much better than my "07 was!

WELL...Seems I forgot all about it when me and my bud were up there picking up a TY175 from Rik Smits at Jimmy's house...then when we were supposed to meet him for a ride I bailed due to it being too cold for my old body...I do need to go up there and check out what is wrong with his van,I will try to give him a call this weekend,but I might be taking a little road trip on saturday...If nothing else I will take my carb apart and see how it's jetted,I am in the mist of a refurb on my Fantic 240 so all my garage time is being spent on that but it's down to smaller details yet,Sherco is pretty dirty from a brief mud ride last weekend so it needs to come apart anyway...work is slow so I may get extra time off to complete home garage projects(May be getting another though :dunce: )...so maybe,possibly,you may just get that jetting info...someday :blush:

Met the guy who bought my 04 sherco to deliver it to him, and wouldnt you know it, that thing would not start...It is always been a 1-2 kick start every time bike. I guess the sitting in the back of my truck all day in the freezing cold, it didnt want to fire up. After about 1/2 hour of messing with it, taking out the plug with the large adjustable wrench i had, i dried the wet plug off and it fired up....never fails,

• 2 weeks later...