Top Yoke Handlebar Mountings

trialsrfun

My Model 124 is soon to be rebuilt to tidy things up and as a part of the rebuild I shall change the footrest brackets to enable Hebo's to be fitted.

What I would also like to do is move the handlebar mount position to somewhere over the steering stem instead of behind it as is standard on Bultaco, does anyone have any ideas as to how best achieve this?

Edited by trialsrfun

It's a lot of work and really not worth the effort. The original mounts have to be cut off, the top of the yoke milled flat, underneath filled with weld to offer strength / support, then the top yoke can be drilled to take bolt on bar clamps. It won't alter the steering.

It is not the position of the mounting point on the yoke that counts, it is the position of the handlebar grips relative to the steering stem. You can get some of the effect you want by just rotating the handle bars forward. You will need bars with a bit of rise to make much difference.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies, I expect a massive improvement when the footrests are relocated so the yoke thing might be unnecessary anyway.

I stand well over 6' tall so the standard Bult lean forward riding position does not suit.