Ariel Oil In Frame

wallo

So, the bike is finished and we're nearly there, but I think I've got an issue with the oil feeds,

I have a Morgo pump and the oil is pumping round really well, a good flow is being returned. The problem is that I see no oil getting to the rockers. I took the rocker feed pipes off which are feed from the frame just beneath the down pipe (I think I have a Jackson frame, you fill it from the side not the top tube).

I put some thin wire down this hole and could see through the hole which returns the oil.

So I put my finger over the hole that returns the oil, turned it over by hand, and oil shot out of the hole that feeds the rockers.

So any ideas what's gone wrong, should I fill the frame up so the return hole if covered?

Any help much apprectiated, thanks.

Edited by wallo

I think you need to restrict,(Slightly) the return pipe to the tank,if its too easy for the oil to go back into the tank,there is no way it will bother to find its way up to the rockers.A bit of experimentation is needed,you dont want it to all go to the rockers or it will just fill the engine up with oil,smoke like hell and hit the bigend/mains out when there is nothing left for the pressure side to pump.

Thanks for all the advice, I've added a new feed from the return and even a fancy push fit flow controller to allow me the change the amount of oil sent to the rockers. Houston, we are looking good for this Sunday :-)