Swinging Arm Bushes

digger 1

hi guys i have a bultaco 221 175 , the swinging arm spindel was ceased to the bushes and had to be cut out.The bushes were the rubber type, i have removed the rubber but there seems to be a thin metal bush which the rubber was atached to still inside the swining arm.Can anyone tell me if i have to remove these to fit new bushes and also what bushes to replace old ones

Unlikely those were the original bushes as they would normally be a bronze bush with a steel inner sleeve.

Yes it will have to come out to fit new bushes, you can get the complete kit from Bultaco UK - bushes and spindle

hi guys i have a bultaco 221 175 , the swinging arm spindel was ceased to the bushes and had to be cut out.The bushes were the rubber type, i have removed the rubber but there seems to be a thin metal bush which the rubber was atached to still inside the swining arm.Can anyone tell me if i have to remove these to fit new bushes and also what bushes to replace old ones

If they were rubber you should have left them alone. Now you have to machine some bushings and stuff to put it back together again. The rubber never goes bad. Sorry.