Sla Charging

Had a look through earlier posts and can't see what I'm looking for. As my Oset charger has now stopped working is it ok to individually charge each pack off the bike. I think the batteries are toast anyway, as on both types of charger they only last about 40 mins with steady use. Any recomendations where to buy batteries in the UK as the Oset ones seem expensive?

Edited by joe hawkins

sla should not really be charge using a box standard lead acid battery charger ( car battery charger) as these chargers can be very primitive, having said that some people do , as long as the charge current is not excessive i.e above 1 or 2 amps . I would recommend getting a nice all round charger, one that does most of the different chemistries, by getting a decent charger this should save some money in the long run and it will be less likely to damage the new batteries.

I think the oset chargers are cc/cv but im not totally sure about that, its the cc/cv chargers are the best types. it maybe that your motorcycle battery charger conforms to this format if it is a good quality charger.