Barn Find Jeffries Honda Xl250

bjtl125

hi just got my new project its a jeffries honda xl250 reg number nvy66p does anybody out there have any photos or imformation about the bikes it is in a bit of a sorry state so ineed some help to restore it to its former glory i am missing the front mudguard stays and both mudguards and exhaust is wrong does anybody know the value of these bikes is it worth spending a fortune on it if its only going to be worth 1500 pound when its done up ????

I would imagine that it's quite valuable but only to a true disciple. Big John's quite an expert on the Hondas (as well as the rest of trials history). When he gets back from Fort Bill I'm sure he'll add his opinion.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LhgaBAcTB6w/S6d682In6eI/AAAAAAAAAdU/vOqPDX_k-jE/s1600-h/CIMG2453.JPG

Edited by toofasttim

hi just got my new project its a jeffries honda xl250 reg number nvy66p..... it is in a bit of a sorry state so ineed some help to restore it to its former glory

If your restoration aim is very much financial, then I can't help but think that you should flip it on and invest in an RTL. This would be a better option for reselling at a high $ than a restored Jeffries. I note that over the last three years that various Honda specials that appeared for sale at the TwinShock Shop that didn't exactly fly off the show room floor. The pool of deep-pocket buyers is rather small me thinks.

Or you could return the bike to a 'ridable condition with improvements'. Imagine Jeffries were doing it again today - but starting with the same 1970s engine stock. You could for example source a new black front mudguard from a modern Gas Gas. Shocks, fat bars, EBC brakes, CDI etc etc. Now that would keep you occupied for a few winter nights.

Edited by ross brown
  • Like 1