1970's Honda Wtc Pic

huntmaster

On the recent subject of Honda four stroke trials development...here's a pic I've had in my "archives" for a while. It's supposodly from a Canadian round of the World Championship back in the 1970's. From the terrain it looks like British Columbia but can't say for sure? I originally thought it to be a privateer on a production TL ... but a few things look different, particularly the engine cases. In any case, the rider seems to have his hands full! Can anyone here identify the bike or rider?

Regards, Doug

post-24-1117567396.jpg

How about Bob Nickelsen from California.............................(courtesy of Bernie and Lens book!!!)

Thanks. That sure looks like the same bike, rider and number! But yikes...what's with that quagmire he's riding in?

If we could see his white beard then we could prove that santa has a summer hobby :lol:

The attire is sure a far cry from today's Spandex body suits! I guess the red is still a big visual step forward from the previous dirty black "thorn proof" wax-cotton Barbour suits!

I recon it's Mark Eggar, but could be wrong. By the way Jean Caullou

(owner of one of Eddie L's 360) has one of these too, he has a tank like in the colour pic and also the more conventional one as in the other pic. Seeing pics of Jean's bike without tank it is amazing how different to the standard TL250 it is.

Just found a pic of one of the American RTL 305's, certainly same tank and seat as the first pic, looks like a truncated TL250 tank with a custom seat/side panel unit, this bike is apparently ex Whaley.

post-24-1117780401.jpg

• 7 years later...

On the recent subject of Honda four stroke trials development...here's a pic I've had in my "archives" for a while. It's supposodly from a Canadian round of the World Championship back in the 1970's. From the terrain it looks like British Columbia but can't say for sure? I originally thought it to be a privateer on a production TL ... but a few things look different, particularly the engine cases. In any case, the rider seems to have his hands full! Can anyone here identify the bike or rider?

Regards, Doug

Its Mark Eggar Calgary Canada WR 1975

Edited by martin belair

Just found a pic of one of the American RTL 305's, certainly same tank and seat as the first pic, looks like a truncated TL250 tank with a custom seat/side panel unit, this bike is apparently ex Whaley.

I got to try one of those when I was a kid ... Oh to have one now !!! And what is Mr, Nickelson up to these days ?

Glenn

PS... and they say no-stop is boring !!!!!!

Edited by axulsuv