199A Rear Wheel Alignment?

scot taco

I have seen 199A's with bent swinging arms,- usually after you fit one rear shock and then you go to fit the second shock the mounts will not line up, best seen by looking at the bike from the rear,

Cheers Greg

• Like 1

hi yes i had same problem with a 199A i had the shocks went on easy but it was hard to line the wheel.and it was a new wheel the cams should be the same on both sides. aslong as the wheel dosant rub on anything like the exhaust and swing arm. and the chain is inline you should be ok it may be that you just havant set the cams or may be as said above the swing arm may be bent.

• Like 1

It helps to have the rear guard, seat and fuel tank off to see what is not right, so you can see the frame and the rear wheel. Old trials bikes have very flimsy swingarms and the arms can be bent sideways, or bent up and down relative to each other as sherpa325 says. The main section of the frame may also be bent, causing one swingarm pivot bolt hole to be forwards of the other hole.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the replies.I do still have the seat and tank off and I pulled the rear mud guard off for a look.I,m not quite sure whats bent,but I think it may be a combination of frame and swingarm.I have everything lined up as good as possible and the chain seems to be running pretty smooth,just offset a bit on the rubber slider on top of the swingarm.I will just get on with it and ride it for now,but it does bug me!