New To Trials...but Dying To Try It Out! :-)

johnds

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to Moto Trials, I have been a Mountain biker for most of my life, but now want to try something a little different. I have been watching videos/researching Trials, and it looks like sooo much fun. I am 38 years old, only weigh 67kg's, and am in good shape. I guess I'm reaching mid-life crisis age, hehe, so I need to get this out of my system before i'm too old!

I do have some questions & reservations tho...

Firstly : Would a GasGas 125 be too underpowered (for my weight), or should I just go for a 250 TXT Pro or the like?

Secondly : I currently live in West London (hope to be moving out to Rickmansworth soonish), I just dont know where one is actually allowed to ride a Trials bike?

Thirdly : because I don't plan on getting a trailer initially, and buying a road registered Trials bike, what else do I need (licence etc.) in order to drive it on the road to get it to where I can play with it?

Help much appreciated!

J.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

well im 37 and 71kg mate and come from short track racing, many broken bones and aches and pains lol.

i bought a montesa 315r lampkin for my first trials bike.

a good sturdy bike with honda build quality. vrery lively and caught me out a few times but dusted it off and carried on.

i got a late 2003 bike, in mint condition for 1100 quid, just had the forks and shock done, stripped and cleaned the airbox, filter and carb whilst off.

a good cheap first bike which i imagine ill still get 900 back when i get better and upgrade.

cheers, paul