Classic Trials

bondy

hello all as or dose anybody have any info on classic trials the shop who dose mods on mostley fantics? i was thinking of sending my bike to him to have some mods done like the exhaust and airbox. and carb. but ive heard a few bad reports dont want to part with my money if its not going to be right. he wanted nearly £500 but i can get the exhaust done for £50 and stick a mikuni carb on for less than half of that. and the airbox is fine orignal 1 in 100% good condtion any info would be good cheers.

I'm on the other side of the pond , But I've had nothing but good experiences in my dealings with Chris at Classic Trials , in fact some might say my 240 is one of his "works " bikes . As he has had almost as much input on its workings as I have , and anybody that has ever ridden it comes away quite impressed with the old girl ....

Just make sure your engine is totally sound first , as modifications do not FIX problems !

Glenn

hi Glenn thanks for your feed back the engin is in good runing order its been rebuilt before i bought it. im not saying anything bad about classic trials its just that ive never had any dealings with them before. so im just asking to see what others say.

Hi bondy,

don't bother, I live 3 miles away from them, phoned them at work to enquire about work to my Bult, and was going to call in on the way home. there not intrested in Bultaco's,

said something about, oh people are not prepaired to pay the money for work done, speak to Bultaco UK, so ive done the work myself, with the help of all you Bult experts

Thanks guys

I think you decided wisely, Plenty of people on here will direct you down the right route for the carb, whats wrong with the exhaust? Carbs do wear out but personally the original exhaust will be the best, burn it out to make sure its clean, then if required mod an alloy MX silencer.

hi fuse thanks its got the bing carb on it the bike dose run very well ive just put a new slide in her and needel and needel jet. the exhaust is ok just abit loud so i want it repacked cheers bondy.