Bultaco 199 - 199B Torque For Front Sprocket Nut

pschrauber

Are there any recommendations for the torque of the front sprocket nut? Its a M24 but only 6.5mm thick. Mine was a little bit loose a bit but the security plate hold it in place.

Now I would like to here some practical recommendations. Spec's in Nm if possible.

Thank's in advance.

Patrik

Patrik.I have to apologize because I believe I have called you Paul in previous post.

My book on 5-speed Bultacos calls for 90 foot pounds.I have mainly only worked on my Pursang and I tighten it to 50ft/lbs and have never had aproblem.

patrik you do have the tab washer?

Yes I had the tab washer mounted , this prevented the nut from getting really loose, it was the old one, very dented and rough cut on the edges.

I took the old one because the other one I got (NOS new old stock!), was bigger in diameter then the 11 teeth sprocket and the chain sat on it.

Now I will take the new one but will have to reduce the diameter first to get this plate proper mounted.

Some sort of weird that there is no tab washer that fits right on for the 11 teeth sprocket, this is the standard sprocket for the 199b ???

And probably I was to fearful when I read that the nut has to be tightened with 100Nm! in my repair manual (from Switzerland) and 90 pound-feet

is even more around 122 Nm.

I will also take 50 pound-feet like Scot Taco did which is around 65 Nm and will bend the tab washer on two sides. This will hopefully help in future.

Maybe off topic but Bultaco related, another problem I had - also some kind of weird-. I mounted X-Lite tires and also a new chain to the bike and when mounting the chain

I counted the roller of the old one to cut the new one in the right length, I counted 97 roller (with the mandatory half link), mounted the chain (with the half link) and

discovered that the tire rubs a lot to the swing arm.

(I now think that the X-Lite which is an 120/100R-18TT/TL is bigger than the old competition or the Pirelli which had 4.00R-18 TL)

I had to replaced the half link (three rollers) against a standard link (4 rollers) no everything is OK again, (total length 98 rollers) ... and thought may be the chain will lengthen a bit.

So far the chain did not lengthen a mm, at least for the Bul I can recommend DID 520 ERV3 very much, as light as the standard ones and very durable so far.

To the name:

Patrik or Paul not a problem as both names starts with P :hyper: