Rtl 250S Advice.

joelewis

I'v got the chance of a 1986 RTL 250s which I'm thinking of buying as the TLR200 will be in bits for quite awhile yet.

Whats the difference between the pink tank ones & the red tank ones? Which are the best to have if any? The one i'm looking at is on drums, are discs generally ment to be better on these? Plus what are they like to ride / reliability etc.

Any help would be great.

Joe

Yeah, I thought that but theres one on eBay currently with original logbook apparently which is down as a 1985, but its pink, with drum brakes. I always thought pink ones were the later ones which had disc brakes.

The red model was from '85 and had drums

The pink model was about '87/88 and had drums.

The last model was '89 with the discs and had white tank with red/blue flash.

The early bikes had a 4 spring clutch and this was changed at some point to a bigger 5 spring clutch with a different actuator in an attempt to improve the action. I can't remember if this came in on the pink bike or the disc model.

The last bikes had different crankcases with a shallower sump

Yeah, I thought that but theres one on eBay currently with original logbook apparently which is down as a 1985, but its pink, with drum brakes. I always thought pink ones were the later ones which had disc brakes.

'85 bikes were red. It was already 8 years old when the current owner got it, so it could have had the colour changed by a previous owner, unknown to the current one. Pink bikes weren't '85