The Duluth Buzz

Outside of the World Indoor's and SSDT, very few events draw the excitement/buzz/hype of the Duluth World Round. Looking at the threads on TC forum, we have been chatting about this event since mid-May..

Let's hear some theories why? The theory that Andy and Kinell were in attendance doesn't count. They didn't attend in 2004 and this event had the same buzz.

Edited by City Trials

Me thinks its because its an English speaking host country. With Folks on the board being involved in organisation or spectating. So one way or another it feels 'closer' than a European based round (strange as that may seem).

Personally having seen some Duluth DVD coverage its also a testing event that's a level playing field for all competitors. This years daily scores reflect this - when the going gets tough, etc - so you get a 'real' winner.

The other thing that makes it is the specator support, the crowds aren't frightend of making a noise - that adds to the atmosphere - and really helps the competitors. I like the PA and music, at the sections - gives it a party atmosphere - maybe not to everyones taste though.

Having raced in the US, Australia and across Europe in a previous existence I can tell you that the American crowds are the loudest and most enthusiastic - in a great way.

I'm really looking forward to Hawkstone, for most of the same reasons. I think it will be tough, but an honest event. I think that the air horns will be heard all across Shropshire :P

Hi,

It's down to the English language, the home fans and the community of people that post here. Also, due to the USA's eagerness to always put on a cracking event rather than just the mechanics of just "hosting a trial"...........it all makes for a well talked about topic.

Look at the Duluth website, plenty of pics of the sections before the trial had started.....that's keeness to share and promote their event.

Ian.