Diy Flags/markers?

Anyone make their own flags or markers for practice? I made a set of flags a while back using straight pieces of coat hanger wire for the pole and some colored tape for the flag. They looked and worked great but I didn't really like the idea of falling on one and impaling myself on one. So am looking for ideas for some floor markers rather than flags, something like football practice cones but a little smaller. Whatever I use needs to be bright colored and robust enough to take bikes riding over them and people falling or standing on them. Something quick cheap and easy would be handy too, I don't mind getting down the hardware store and knocking something up.

Any ideas?

We make our own for the club. From a country/farm store you will need a roll of fencing wire(can be got for about £10.00). Then get an old round chair/table leg about 1.5" O/D and saw a slot in one end about an inch deep. Cut wire into lengths of about 18">20" long. place wooden leg in a vise and pop end of wire in slot. Now bend wire round one and three quarter turns. You have a safe wire with no sharp point.

Now use coloured card or plastic cut into squares about 2.5" slip between the turns of the wire!

You have a Marker. Now make about 400 and you have enough for a trial.

I usually take about twenty when going for a practice!

post-2720-0-32016600-1374511191_thumb.jpg

Edited by p@ul250